Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The WorkOut Challenge Rantings

I went to the gym last night after work. At 7:30. I didn't want to go then and I'm pretty confident I will not want to go tonight, even though I turned around this morning to go home and get my gym bag.

I'm really having a hard time getting going with this whole eating right and exercising thing. It's not like I haven't been here before and I knew it was coming, but I still hate it. And I know that the reason I hate it, is the very reason I so desperately need it. But I still hate it.

Mind you I always feel better when I leave than I do when I skip, and I can envision what I want to look like as someone who regularly works out, but still nothing.

Paul says in Romans 7 “I do the things I don’t want to do but the things I want to do those I don’t do." Why? If I want to do something, then why can't I just tell my body to do it and enjoy it? Oh, how I wish I knew. I am comforted by the fact that Paul struggled with some of the same struggles as I do, and yet look at how much he was able to accomplish.

So I guess I just keep doing it, even when I don't quite feel like it. Since the one thing I do know, is that it is impossible for me to achieve my goals from my living room couch!

One of these days I'll wake up and love exercise, I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment