Black Beans with Lime-Peppered Mayo
Servings: Serves 4
Super simple and easy to pack for lunch
Black Bean Mixture:
• 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
• 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
• 2 tsp. minced garlic
• 2 tsp. Creole seasoning
• 1 tsp. canola oil
• Salt and pepper to taste (be careful because the creole seasoning usually contains salt)
• 1-2 tbs mayonnaise (I use Vegenaise)
• 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
• 1 jalapeno pepper , minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in bean mixture and Mayo separately and refrigerate both at least 3-4 hours.
(I usually make it the night before). Spoon the beans over brown rice and top with the Lime-Peppered "Mayo."
Typically I heat the rice and then top with the beans and heat for another minute. I actually like the beans on the cool side. So good!
Claire's 6th Birthday!
9 months ago